Monday, December 22, 2008

Gingersnaps

I have not always been a fan of Gingersnaps, because I do not particularly like a cookie that "snaps". I prefer my cookies soft and chewy. I came across this recipe and now have to bake these every year because they are soft, chewy, and very tasty.

Ingredients:
3/4 c. butter
1 c. white sugar
1 egg
1/4 c. molasses
2 c. flour
1 T ground ginger
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. white sugar for decoration

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and molasses until well blended. Combine the flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; stir into the molasses mixture to form a dough. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll the balls in the remaining sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

1 comment:

Kristin @ Navy Bean Lane said...

I only like a soft cookie too . . . so these I'll have to give a try!