Monday, December 22, 2008

Russian Teacakes

This is a recipe from Mom that I have always loved. Another Holiday cookie that I must make every year. (These three cookies are what I have given to my neighbors the last 2 years.) I have to be sure to give most of them away, or suddenly I will find that I have eaten half the batch. They are just the right size to just pop into your mouth!

Ingredients:
1 c. butter
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. chopped walnuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Bake for 15-20 minutes. Roll in powdered sugar while still warm. (I also found this year that is faster and works just as well to dump them all in a ziplock bag with some powdered sugar and give them a little shake, then just dump them on a plate and voila! pretty little cookies.)

No comments: