Tuesday, October 28, 2008

{ Banana Bread }



I love making banana bread in the fall. I know everyone probably has their own recipe, but this recipe is simple and oh so yummy! I just started adding the flax seed and you can't even tell it's in there! Enjoy!

2 C sugar
4 beaten eggs
1 C butter, softened
6 mashed bananas
1/2 C milk
4 C flour
4 T flax mill (optional)
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

Cream butter and sugar. Add all other ingredients and mix well. Bake at 350 for 50 - 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. This makes 2 large loafs and then the rest I usually make into mini muffins for the kids. If you do the mini muffins, bake at 350 for 10 - 12 minutes.

1 comment:

Baumgartners said...

I just made banana bread the other day and it turned out really dry. This one looks much better just by looking at the ingredients. I'll have to give it a try.
I have been trying to come up with a new name for this blog but . . . nothing yet. I'll have to give it some serious pondering!