Thursday, October 9, 2008

{ CHICKEN AZTECA }



This is a favorite around here. The picture doesn't do it justice . . .

3-4 good size boneless skinless chicken breast
2 C Salsa, divided
2 Cans black beans, drained
1/2 bag frozen corn
2 8ounce packages cream cheese ( I use the low fat kind and it's just as yummy!)
2 tsp. cumin
2 garlic cloves, minced

Combine black beans, corn, 1/2 of the salsa, garlic and cumin in crock pot. Arrange chicken on top and cover with remaining salsa. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Remove the chicken and shred or cut into pieces. Put back into crock pot and add the cream cheese. I usually cube it first so it melts a little easier. Serve over rice and garnish with shredded cheese!

2 comments:

lauren said...

I'm gonna try to make this one tonight..... i'm gonna go buy the stuff right now! I'll tell ya how it goes haha

lauren said...

I'm eating this right now! Very yummy :)