Wednesday, October 22, 2008

{ FRUIT & VEGGIE SHAKE }



I have started drinking these almost every day to help get all my fruits and veggies in. They are so yummy and my kids even love them!

2 c ice
1 c juice ( I like to use Naked's Mighty Mango )
1 banana
1 pear
1 apple
2 or 3 giant handfuls of spinach

Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor and enjoy!
* You can really use any combo of fruit that you like . . . as long as you have more fruit than veggies, you can only taste the fruit! Also, if you freeze the banana first, it makes the texture more like a smoothie.



1 comment:

Baumgartners said...

We made these smoothies a couple of times this week and everyone loves them (even Maddie can't get enough of it). I used Naked's Green Machine juice. I figured since it was going to be green anyway, might as well use green juice (it was on sale too). Jaab actually put raw carrots in one day, and after a run in the food processor, you couldn't even tell they were in there.